SVN or nightly build?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SVN or nightly build?

Post by assasing123 on Thu May 16, 2013 11:44 am

Any source from where I could pull the very last nightly build with all the changes that have been done already (modular destroyers, no power, etc) for testing?

assasing123

Back to top Go down

Re: SVN or nightly build?

Post by Nakamura on Thu May 16, 2013 12:54 pm

We will release the mod fully very soon.

Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by IGBC on Thu May 16, 2013 7:46 pm

We don't do nightlys as by the nature of scripting we have nothing to compile,. I suppose that if it's popular enough we could do a weekly build. But often things arnt particularly stable between releases

IGBC

Back to top Go down

Post by assasing123 on Fri May 17, 2013 11:39 am

the weekly build sounds like it could work... precisely my idea is to be able to provide feedback more accurately and ideas as well I intend into opening the big file, compare it with the previous one and try to understand how lua works on hw2 so I can try to make or propose my own fixes @.@, I m not sure if I m making sense...

basically if its unstable, I can help spotting the reason why... I do play a lot and with 2 rl friends often so we are good at finding the type of things that make games unbalanced, crash, or not smart...

assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by Farcrada on Sat May 18, 2013 1:13 pm

I bet you can, but if you've only played the game... You're going to have a really bad time. I'd firstly advice you too look up a lua tutorial or something along those lines. Or try to edit the main menu scripts (Located in: "Data\UI\NewUI\Main".). If you start tuning Power scripts right away, you don't even know what you've edited after visiting 2 scripts.

On further notes, I'd love to see your side and opinions on the mod. And if you have ideas for improvements just throw them out! We all love community's input!

Farcrada
Fairy Princess

http://homeworldrebirth.userboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura on Sun May 19, 2013 7:19 am

As we'll go ahead with our development, as in when the clean state is achieved and we'll attempt adding new features and what not, I'd imagine a beta release-sort of release plan could be worked out, similarly to what happened to the original complex.

Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by ALC on Mon May 20, 2013 1:33 pm

A release once a month of upgrades might be a reasonable goal once the clean state is in place.

ALC

Back to top Go down

Post by Farcrada on Mon May 20, 2013 7:54 pm

Do keep in mind that it are about 5000 scripts we have to check before we have a clean state.

This, my friends, will take a while. Expect this in fall or winter, but not this summer, that's for sure.

Farcrada
Fairy Princess

http://homeworldrebirth.userboard.net/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top