The Vision and Direction.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Vision and Direction.

Post by bladevalant546 on Mon May 13, 2013 12:16 pm

I have a few questions as I like the direction this mod has in store. As most projects and mods they tend to die as "life" and other activities happen. However with a proper vision and direction of said mods can stay alive. I feel that the direction of this mod is heading in the correct direction for sure. I however want to pose a question or two so I can gauge progress and the position of where yall are at.

1. In terms of the Vision I understand this is the response to Complex 8.4 being heavily un-balanced and somewhat difference in design and style. However, for the mod to take a life of its own if that is the vision. What is the over all vision outside of Complex. I feel with the foundations of complex itself yalls mod has a great chance to really build the best homeworld mod.

2. In terms of direction, what is yalls goals currently. I want to be a wonderful resource and love to jump on in. Like all things one step at a time. So current what is current objective.

3. Is there a future beyond current goals. In my opinion as much as I love Complex I am highly competitive and have huge yearning to be in the gaming industry. I believe we can strive to be one of the best mods and shadow the former foundation.

So in short I am excited to follow and hopefully be helpful and possible earning inclusion in this mod in the future. I say keep up the good work and May the spirits of Kharak watch us! (yes i made that corny thing up.)

bladevalant546

Back to top Go down

Re: The Vision and Direction.

Post by Nakamura on Mon May 13, 2013 12:26 pm

Hi and welcome to the forums.

To answer your questions :

1) We wish to follow the original design lines of the old Complex releases. That means having mechanics that make the game more "complex" than vanilla, extending the fleets, but staying within the original designs' boundaries, giving the player countless options to achieve victory, creating the strongest AI opponents seen in homewolrd.

2) Our current direction is a clean state, where all the stuff that doesn't belong is eliminated. Once that is achieved, we wish to balance what we have left through extensive muliplayer testing.

3) Yes, a new race would be the logical choice after balance is achieved for the clean state.

I hope this will work out super well, and all help is much appreciated. We haven't discussed a policy for letting outsiders into the team yet, but will do it now that you asked. Until now everyone knew everyone!
Nakamura

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hw2rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post by bladevalant546 on Mon May 13, 2013 12:31 pm

I completely understand, hence why I will lend where I can. I will be bring a programmer with me. We both have experience in game creation. Myself designer documents/testing/creation. Him the same, with programming on the side. I was excited to see someone tackling in creating a more "lore" friendly center. So thanks for the response and I shall post more often as I can formulate such ideas.

bladevalant546

Back to top Go down

Post by General Anubis on Mon May 13, 2013 4:35 pm

I am the 'programmer' of which he speaks.

As it applies to game design, I'd have to say I've dabbled in probably every aspect of it from the generation of new ideas to drawing up design documents to programming and to 3D modelling. While I've got a wide base of knowledge, my depth is lacking in any specific department unfortunately. Where my skills are likely to be best applied is in design and programming.

Blade and I share your concern for Complex's lack of continuity with race design, and we have long despised the stone wall that Beghins has put up against adding a 3rd race. However, with the balancing woes that exist in Complex, I can see why he would be reluctant to attempt balancing a third race.

All that being said, as you can tell we would like to see this mod succeed and survive, and we are both willing to add whatever input we can give into this mod's birth to help it get its berths clear of the dock.

Last edited by General Anubis on Mon May 13, 2013 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)

General Anubis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura on Mon May 13, 2013 5:04 pm

Hello.
I'm sure we can find a way to work together somehow.
For now you could check out the "jobs" forum until we discuss the situation with the team.
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by IGBC on Tue May 14, 2013 6:28 am

Hello I am the Mods current "Scripting Boss" (Thank you "lord of titles": Farcarda) and I would like to point out that over the coming months it is intended that I will be focusing my efforts on core stability. This probably sounds really dull next to the offer of new races, and more lore friendly game play, however it is an important step to ensure that we can bring you all of those lovely ideas without the game falling around our ankles.

I hope this sures up some peoples concerns about how the old complex mod was run.

IGBC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura on Tue May 14, 2013 6:46 am

Now don't make the people scared, sir Scripting Boss!

Addition and removal of ships, balancing and similar tasks can still be undertaken while those jobs are under way.
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by Farcrada on Tue May 14, 2013 6:50 am

Nakamura wrote:Addition and removal of ships, balancing and similar tasks can still be undertaken while those jobs are under way.
But none can nor will be added after those changes are done. Best is to memorize or write down what you did (If you were planning on changing anything at all, that is. xD).
Farcrada
Fairy Princess

http://homeworldrebirth.userboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by bladevalant546 on Tue May 14, 2013 7:29 am

The mundane tasks, I love those HA. I understand wholly on those tasks. Many great task steam from split offs. Yall keep up the hard work!Thanks for the responses.

bladevalant546

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura on Tue May 14, 2013 7:46 am

Farcrada wrote:
Nakamura wrote:Addition and removal of ships, balancing and similar tasks can still be undertaken while those jobs are under way.
But none can nor will be added after those changes are done. Best is to memorize or write down what you did (If you were planning on changing anything at all, that is. xD).
Nonononono.
We CAN make an update of changed .ship files, build menus etc etc. They WILL work once IGBC has his task completed, too.
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by IGBC on Tue May 14, 2013 8:24 am

woe, what's all this, @Farcrada go read the relevant topics in the Jobs and team talks sections. This is designed to make further additions easier.

IGBC

Back to top Go down

Post by Farcrada on Tue May 14, 2013 8:27 am

Nakamura wrote:Nonononono.
We CAN make an update of changed .ship files, build menus etc etc. They WILL work once IGBC has his task completed, too.
Yes, but all the script changes. I meant those.

IGBC wrote:woe, what's all this, @Farcrada go read the relevant topics in the Jobs and team talks sections. This is designed to make further additions easier.
Yes, I have read that. But whilst you're doing the code, you don't want some old code added to your new one, right? That's what I'm on about. xD

Last edited by Farcrada on Tue May 14, 2013 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Farcrada
Fairy Princess

http://homeworldrebirth.userboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura on Tue May 14, 2013 8:29 am

Obviously huge changes are no option! Mere balance adjustments are going to be possible AND crucial though.
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top